The Nurse with the Purple Hair is a warm and inspiring documentary about end-of-life care. The film features hospice nurse Michelle Lasota and is directed by world-renowned filmmaker Sean Cunningham. The film honors hospice professionals and the mind-body-spirit services they provide.
Our message is simple: Be brave enough to have an end-of-life conversation that matters.
The Nurse with the Purple Hair shows what hospice care is and what it can be. We want to start a quiet revolution through increased awareness and education.
We’ve screened the film for focus groups from Vitas Healthcare, Skirball, and Kaiser Permanente. Here’s what viewers have said:
– A catalyst to break through American culture’s denial of death.
– A great tool to bring awareness to what hospice is really about.
– Takes the mystery and fear out of hospice and dying.
– I feel brave, inspired, and honored to start a conversation that matters.
– A true look at a caring hospice nurse and the wonderful qualities of hospice care.